Hi There! Let me cut straight to the chase. I’m on holiday now. It was Christmas 3 days ago. I should be happy. But I’m not. Care to guess why? That’s right. I have exams right after our so-called “holiday”.
I’m in Year 10 – basically meaning I’m a sophomore in high school. However I – unfortunately – chose to study the british system, which leads me to where I am today. IGCSE . To me it stands for Insane Gross Crazy Sickening Education. What’s even worse is the fact that I’m currently taking EIGHT subjects. >facepalm< So literally kiss goodbye to any free time & to basically what I’d call a happy life. Why did I do this to myself?
In case you’re interested, my subjects are: Maths (I don’t care what X is!), English (I can deal with it), Accounting (A decision I regret everyday), Business (too much studying – but I actually enjoy it), French (another decision I regret), Chemistry (meh?), Physics (I like electricity – I just don’t want to study it) and ICT (practical is fine, theory not so much).
My final exams are in May, but my school has these “mocks” in January & if I don’t ace (note how I said ace and not pass) these exams…I am screwed.
I should be studying now – but I’m not. For some reason.Typical.
Due to my great experiences…let me share with you what I’d call the most famous moments of so-called studying.
- Basically not knowing how to approach all this
- The force deep inside you that’s begging you to stop
- When your parents enter your room & you try to act as if you were studying & was not on Instagram 😀
- The panic attack
- The “I don’t undertstand what I’m studying/ Did we take this?” syndrome
- Trying to get it together before it’s too late
- Angry Vs Hungry
- When your anger issues are in control
- Reality when you try yet again
- Carrying Out Furious Calculations
- Final (not-so-good) Reality
And this my folks is the amazing – note the sarcasm in my voice – process of studying that I’m sure we all know too too well for our liking.
Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it & I’d better leave you now since I really need to start studying accounting now, or else I’m in trouble. >sobbing<
Smiling Dreamer xoxo