Hey Everyone! I’ve officially decided that this post will be an enjoyable, laid-back & funny post – just to break free a little from our hectic lives! So, here goes nothing! 😊
I open a magazine, and guess what I find? 1o tips to become skinny. I open the TV where there’s a woman blabbing endlessly about diets. I open Facebook or Instagram, only to find posts & posts about losing weight.
I can’t deny the fact that the problem of being a bit chubby & having extra fat is much more common than mine…but still. Do we not deserve any recognition? The internet (finally) has started to acknowledge the skinny people out there, which I see as a huge blessing!
That’s not all, though. I wish it was only the lack of acknowledgement that I (as well as others) have to deal with. Because believe it or not…there’s more.
Difficulties That Skinny People (Like Me) Face A Lot
1. Sitting on hard wooden chairs & benches or concrete floors that have no cushions hurt your buttbone.
2. People thinking that calling you stick-thin, acting nasty & treating you differently is okay, even though it’s not. It’s as bad as calling someone fat.
3. Having to wear belts 24/7, because without them…your pants will keep falling off your petite waist.
4. It’s considered a miracle when you find bracelets that fit your skinny arm without falling off.
5. Having people constantly telling you that you should pursue a career as a model. “Umm, shouldn’t you do that when you actually have a passion for it & some interest?”
6. Trying to find pants that fit in the waist but are long enough in the leg. I’m always facing this one since I’m quite skinny & tall.
7. Friends telling you either that they wish to look like me or that they wish to have my problem. My reaction – “No you don’t.”
8. No one believing when you say you love food or that you eat a lot and being asked to prove it all of the time. “Seriously? I love food just like you do. It just gets processed faster in my body system.”
9. Being told “You can wear anything & it’d look awesome on you.” which FYI isn’t true. Loads of times I’d try clothes & it would look awful because my legs/ arms are just way too skinny for me to pull off the outfit (even though I LOVE the clothes). You don’t rock an outfity because of your body, you slay it because of your confidence & self-esteem.
10. People constantly thinking that you shop from the kids section & me replying with “No. I just wear XS.”
11. Being cold all the time, because you have no fat to keep you nice & warm.
12. Not being able to donate blood because you’re majorly underweight.
13. People saying that they’re scared to hug you because you might break & being told to be careful when it’s windy outside because you might blow away.
Hahaha – not funny.
14. Being referred to as the “Skinny Girl” – Would you like it if I called someone the “Fat Girl”? I don’t think so…
15. Strangers or friends telling you that >ahem< you should be happy that you’re skinny. Oh really? Well, guess what? I’m not.
16. People looking me up & down since they can’t believe I’m almost 15. They think I’m 11 or that I have an eating disorder.
17. Having to deal with body-shaming like “Real Girls Have Curves” & “Guys Don’t Like Stick-Figures”
18. Having to always go to the tailor to resize all your clothes & make them fit perfectly onto your body, without looking like you wore your Grannie’s clothes.
19. “You’re all skin & bones, honey.” are my worst kind of people. I mean, “Aren’t you too? “
20. When telling people that you work out & they look surprised & say “Really? But you’re already thin!” Reality Check: Exercise makes you healthy. It’s not actually for losing weight.
21. Everyone rolling their eyes when you complain about your frustration of not being able to gain weight. “Have Some Sympathy, at least!”
22. Having to explain that no matter what your body looks like, it’s who you are & how you act that counts the most. Confidence is the key.
Do you see now? Chubby people aren’t the only ones out there who hate life. Skinny people are in the mix too! But, as I said in the last point, your personality determines who you are! So learn to be comfortable in your body & to strive to do your best! 🙂
It’s like what Selena Gomez said in the AMA’s 2016 – “I don’t want to see your bodies on Instagram…I want to see what’s in here.”
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post & that I was able to provide you with a good laugh!😂 *blows nose real hard* Oh brother – I think I’m getting a much not-needed cold fever.🤒
Make sure to comment what you thought of this post & whether it was fun or not. Also, comment any questions you have for me because >drumroll please< my Q&A post will be coming real soon! 😊😄😉
Congratulations Fellow Readers! We’ve just finished 1 whole month of 2017! Welcome February! My reaction – “Already? Wow, that was fast!” 😳
Make sure to check out my social media (aka Insta
Bye For Now! ❤️
Smiling Dreamer xoxo